- Permanent, full time role
- Salary packaging available
- Ryde Location
Royal Rehab is Australia's leading provider of rehabilitation and disability services. Highly regarded for our specialist expertise in brain and spinal cord injury rehabilitation, Royal Rehab is also renowned for supported accommodation services, our private hospitals, our purpose-built resort for people with spinal cord injury and community services delivering holistic quality care.
Born from the compassion of one remarkable woman over 120 years ago, Royal Rehab continues to enrich the lives of the people it serves. Our skilled multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals support people to achieve as much independence and quality of life as possible. This includes assisting people to adjust to changed abilities, relearn skills and gain new ones, and reintegrate into their homes and the community.
A career at Royal Rehab is both rewarding and unlike any other and is an opportunity to make a difference with an iconic organization. We pride ourselves on our skilled workforce which is committed to delivering the very best for the people we serve. Representing a broad range of different professions, our people are united by our values of honesty, respect, working together and innovative thinking. We are inspired by a commitment to clinical excellence, education and research, and personalized care.
We seek a highly motivated Physiotherapy Assistant to join our team delivering inpatient rehabilitation programs for people following spinal cord injury.
Your main Duties will include:
- Assisting physiotherapists with transferring, standing and walking clients
- Assisting clients with individual and group exercise programs
- Assisting with and running aquatic physiotherapy sessions
- Cleaning/tidying of equipment and therapy areas
- Making basic alterations to wheelchairs
- Administrative duties
We seek a self-motivated and friendly individual with:
- Cert IV in Allied Health Assistance (or equivalent)
- Experience working with people with physical disabilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstration of effective teamwork
- Excellent time management and self-organisational skills
- Ability to swim confidently
- Ability to make basic alterations to wheelchairs
- Computer skills including word, excel and e-mail
- Experience working with people with spinal cord injuries
- Experience working in a hydrotherapy pool
Applications must be submitted via our online recruitment website.
To apply, please visit https://royalrehab.recruitmenthub.com.au/ and complete the online application process. Applications must address the full Essential and Desirable selection criteria, as outlined in the position description.
Sarah Fereday: Physiotherapy Professional Leader
Ph: 02 9808 9273 (M, T, Th)