- Multiple positions available across Sydney
- 24/7 rotating roster, including shifts ranging between 3 and 10 hours in duration
- Salary packaging available
Do you want to support people to live their best life and achieve their goals? Do you want to work for an innovative organization that puts our clients first?
Born from the compassion of one remarkable woman over 120 years ago, Royal Rehab continues to enrich the lives of the people it supports.
Royal Rehab has a large number of residential group homes across Sydney and surrounds. We are currently advertising for part-time positions across all these sites.
The Support Worker position is pivotal in promoting great outcomes for our clients in maintaining an exceptional quality of life. Become part of our friendly and energetic Disability Services team to support clients across Greater Sydney. Our role is to empower clients to have a fulfilling life, by actively participating in the community and maximising independence, underpinned by our core values of respect, working together, innovative thinking and honesty.
Your main Duties will include:
- Assisting Clients with activities of daily living including but not limited to Personal Care, Manual Handling, Transportation, Shopping, Community participation, medication administration, Health Care Appointments, Domestic and Cleaning Assistance, Cooking and Meal Preparation.
- Providing person centered support as well as utilising a recovery focused approach to support clients to achieve their goals.
- Utilising effective communication skills when interacting with clients, colleagues, supervisors and stakeholders.
- Ability to operate effectively within a team environment, unsupervised and working individually to support the needs of our clients.
- Being responsive when dealing with concerns relating to risk and client care and an understanding of mandatory reporting guidelines.
- Completing client documentation, key worker reports, person centered plans, risk assessments, incident reports, progress notes etc.
- Working with your Accommodation Manager to identify continuous improvements in regard to client support needs and service delivery.
- Utilising shift duties to ensure that we are supporting clients effectively and operating at the highest standard.
- The ability to work across a 24/7 roster with shifts ranging from 3-10 hours, from active overnights and sleepover shifts, short shifts and split shifts, and the flexibility to work across multiple group homes.
We seek a self-motivated and friendly individual with:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Ability to work within Royal Rehab's value-based framework upholding the values of honesty, respect, working together and innovative thinking
- Robust understanding of the Disability Standards, and the ability to translate these standards into practice
- Self-motivated individuals with a positive can-do attitude
Applications must be submitted via our online recruitment website.
To apply, please visit https://royalrehab.recruitmenthub.com.au/ and complete the online application process. Applications must address the full Essential and Desirable selection criteria, as outlined in the position description.