- Salary packaging available. Flexibility for partial work from home. Supplied with mobile/ laptop
- Part-time- 24 hours / 3 days per week
- Based on the main campus at Ryde, with home visits occurring across Northern Sydney LHD
Royal Rehab is Australia's leading provider of rehabilitation and disability services. Highly regarded for our specialist expertise in brain and spinal cord injury rehabilitation, Royal Rehab is also renowned for supported accommodation services, our private hospitals, our purpose-built resort for people with spinal cord injury and community services delivering holistic quality care.
Born from the compassion of one remarkable woman over 120 years ago, Royal Rehab continues to enrich the lives of the people it serves. Our skilled multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals support people to achieve as much independence and quality of life as possible. This includes assisting people to adjust to changed abilities, relearn skills and gain new ones, and reintegrate into their homes and the community.
A career at Royal Rehab is both rewarding and unlike any other and is an opportunity to make a difference with an iconic organisation. We pride ourselves on our skilled workforce which is committed to delivering the very best for the people we serve. Representing a broad range of different professions, our people are united by our values of honesty, respect, working together and innovative thinking and are inspired by a commitment to clinical excellence, education and research, and personalized care.
An opportunity with immediate start exists for an Occupational Therapist to work in the Community Rehabilitation Service (CRS), working primarily with adult clients with physical disabilities and neurological conditions under the NS TACP program, and the Home-Based Rehabilitation Service (HBRS). The successful applicant will work with a multi-disciplinary team and within a client-focused and goal-centred framework.
Your main duties will include:
- The assessment and treatment of individuals with chronic and complex health needs
- Providing high-quality, timely Occupational Therapy services to clients to maximise function, performance of activities of daily living and participation in meaningful activities
- Maintaining and encouraging an evidence-based approach to practice
We seek a self-motivated and friendly individual with:
- Current full registration with AHPRA
- Recent experience (a minimum of 2 years) working in the community and/or in a rehabilitation setting with clients with neurological conditions, orthopedic injuries and chronic disability
- Experience conducting home assessments and prescribing minor modifications and equipment
- Experience in falls and pressure prevention/management
- Sound time management skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and complete tasks
- Demonstrated competence in high-level interpersonal communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Current C unrestricted driver's license, good driving record and own car
- Experience with student and/or AHA supervision (desirable)
Applications must be submitted via our online recruitment website.
To apply, please visit https://royalrehab.recruitmenthub.com.au/ and complete the online application process. Applications must address the full Essential and Desirable selection criteria, as outlined in the position description.
Amy Brown - Clinical Coordinator - CRS
Ph: (02) 9808 9689
Closing date: Thursday 4th March 2021. Interviews to occur Tuesday the 9th of March.