Exercise Physiologist or Physiotherapist
Sargood on Collaroy
- Part-time role, 30 hours per week
- Level 1/2
- Collaroy location
- Salary packaging available
Royal Rehab is Australia's leading provider of rehabilitation and disability services. Highly regarded for our specialist expertise in brain and spinal cord injury rehabilitation, Royal Rehab is also renowned for supported accommodation services, our private hospitals, our purpose-built resort for people with spinal cord injury and community services delivering holistic quality care.
Born from the compassion of one remarkable woman over 120 years ago, Royal Rehab continues to enrich the lives of the people it serves. Our skilled multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals support people to achieve as much independence and quality of life as possible. This includes assisting people to adjust to changed abilities, relearn skills and gain new ones, and reintegrate into their homes and the community.
A career at Royal Rehab is both rewarding and unlike any other and is an opportunity to make a difference with an iconic organization. We pride ourselves on our skilled workforce which is committed to delivering the very best for the people we serve. Representing a broad range of different professions, our people are united by our values of honesty, respect, working together and innovative thinking and are inspired by a commitment to clinical excellence, education and research, and personalized care.
Opportunity to join an award-winning team!
Sargood on Collaroy is a world-first beachside resort purpose-built for people living with a spinal cord injury. We provide Short Term Accommodation and Assistance and Accessible Holidays with a team of qualified and dedicated staff, breathtaking ocean views and access to world-class facilities and activities. Club Sargood is located on-site at Sargood on Collaroy and provides allied health services to guests and community clients.
An exciting opportunity exists to join our unique team as an Exercise Physiologist or Physiotherapist. We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to deliver high-quality therapy services to our guests and to the local community.
Your main duties will include:
Managing a clinical caseload, working with guests and community clients with a variety of neurological conditions, primarily those living with spinal cord injury.
We seek a self-motivated and friendly individual with:
- Current Accreditation with ESSA or registration with AHPRA
- Experience working as a part of a multidisciplinary team in the disability sector, ideally as part of a community-based rehab setting
- Experience working with people living with spinal cord injury and a variety of other neurological conditions
- Demonstrated extensive experience in prescribing exercise, strength and conditioning activities for people living with a spinal cord injury
- Highly developed documentation and report writing skills alongside experience working with compensable clients (inc. NDIS and icare) and/or knowledge of systems involved
- Demonstrated excellence in high-level interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly physically demanding and hands-on role
- Demonstrated evidence of relevant professional development and commitment to evidence-based practice
- Experience with supervision of students/volunteers or leading a group of people
The successful applicant will be offered a temporary part-time role with the potential to move to a permanent contract after 3 months.
The successful applicant will be expected to work 30 hours per week, Tuesday to Friday 10am - 6pm. Hours may vary with reasonable notice.
Applications must be submitted via our online recruitment website.
To apply, please visit https://royalrehab.recruitmenthub.com.au/ and complete the online application process. Applications must address the full essential and desirable selection criteria, as outlined in the position description.
Ph: 8597 0600
Closing date: 9am 5th March 2021.