- Multiple positions available across the Sydney Metro area
- 24/7 rotating roster, including shifts ranging between 3 and 10 hours in duration
- Salary packaging available
Royal Rehab is Australia's leading provider of rehabilitation and disability services.
Highly regarded for our specialist expertise in brain and spinal cord injury rehabilitation, Royal Rehab is also renowned for supported accommodation services, our private hospitals, our purpose-built resort for people with spinal cord injury and community services delivering holistic quality care.
Born from the compassion of one remarkable woman over 120 years ago, Royal Rehab continues to enrich the lives of the people it serves. Our skilled multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals support people to achieve as much independence and quality of life as possible. This includes assisting people to adjust to changed abilities, relearn skills and gain new ones, and reintegrate into their homes and the community.
A career at Royal Rehab is both rewarding and unlike any other and is an opportunity to make a difference with an iconic organisation. We pride ourselves on our skilled workforce which is committed to delivering the very best for the people we serve. Representing a broad range of different professions, our people are united by our values of honesty, respect, working together and innovative thinking and are inspired by a commitment to clinical excellence, education and research, and personalised care.
Royal Rehab has a large number of residential properties across Sydney. We are currently advertising for casual, full-time and part-time positions across all these sites.
Become part of our friendly and energetic Disability Service team to support customers in Sydney metro areas. The Support Worker position is pivotal in promoting great outcomes for our clients as they embark on a new stage in their journey. Our role is to empower clients to have a fulfilling life, by actively participating in the community and maximising independence, underpinned by values of respect and dignity, choice and control.
Your main duties will include:
- Providing person-centred support as well as utilising a recovery-focused approach to support customer to achieve their goals
- Providing motivation and support around tasks such as cleaning, cooking, shopping, community participation, medication administration and attending appointments
- Utilising effective communication skills when interacting with customers, colleagues, supervisors and stakeholders
- Ability to operate effectively within a team environment, unsupervised and working individually to support the needs of the customers
- Being responsive when dealing with concerns relating to risk and customer care and an understanding of mandatory reporting guidelines
- Completing customer documentation for allocated customers including; key worker reports, person-centred plans, risk assessments, etc
- Working with your accommodation manager to identify continuous improvements in regards to customer support and service delivery
- Utilising shift duties to ensure that we are supporting customers effectively and operating at the highest standard
- Working with a range of customers from low, moderate to high needs including personal-care and manual handling for some of our high need's customers
- The ability to work across a 24/7 roster with shifts ranging from 3-10 hours during from active overnights to sleepover shift, short shifts and split shifts inclusive
- Assistance with personal care (e.g. feeding, drinking, toileting, personal hygiene, grooming and dressing) and personal administration (e.g. personal correspondence)
We seek a self-motivated and friendly individual with:
- Strong written and communication skills
- Sound administration and computer literacy skills
- Ability to work within Royal Rehab's value-based framework upholding the values of dignity, respect, inclusion and empowerment
- Understanding of the importance of the Disability Standards, and the ability to translate these standards into practice
- Self-motivation and a positive can-do attitude
Applications must be submitted via our online recruitment website.
To apply, please visit https://royalrehab.recruitmenthub.com.au/ and complete the online application process. Applications must address the full Essential and Desirable selection criteria, as outlined in the position description.
Contains a full listing of the Essential & Desirable selection criteria and can be accessed via http://royalrehab.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/
Job ref: 5277758
Closing date: 26 February 2021
Closing time: 5.00pm