About the Role:
Royal Rehab has a large number of residential properties across Sydney. We are currently advertising for casual, full time and part-time positions across all these sites.
Become part of our friendly and energetic Disability Service team to support customers in Sydney metro areas. The Support Worker position is pivotal in promoting great outcomes for our clients as they embark on a new stage in their journey. Our role is to empower clients to have a fulfilling life, by actively participating in the community and maximising independence, underpinned by values of respect and dignity, choice and control.
Your main duties will include:
- Providing person -centred support as well as utilising a recovery-focused approach to support customers to achieve their goals
- Providing motivation and support around tasks such as cleaning, cooking, shopping, community participation, medication administration and attending appointments
- Utilizing effective communication skills when interacting with customers, colleagues, supervisors and stakeholders
- Ability to operate effectively within a team environment, unsupervised and working individually to support the needs of the customers
- Being responsive when dealing with concerns relating to risk and customer care and an understanding of mandatory reporting guidelines
- Completing customer documentation for allocated customers including; key worker reports, person-centred plans, risk assessments etc
- Working with your accommodation manager to identify continuous improvements in regards to customer support and service delivery
- Utilising shift duties to ensure that we are supporting customers effectively and operating at the highest standard
- Working with a range of customers from low, moderate to high needs including personal-care and manual handling for some of our high need customers
- The ability to work across a 24/7 roster with shifts ranging from 3-10 hours in during from active overnights to sleepover shift.
- Assistance with personal care (e.g. feeding, drinking, toileting, personal hygiene, grooming and dressing) and personal administration (e.g. personal correspondence).
We are searching for individuals with:
- Strong written and communication skills
- Sound administration and computer literacy skills
- Ability to work within Royal Rehab's value-based framework upholding the values of dignity, respect, inclusion, and empowerment
- Understanding of the importance of the Disability Standards, and the ability to translate these standards into practise
- Self-motivated individuals with a positive can-do attitude
- Experience in actively supporting people with a disability, particularly people who have diverse and complex support needs, within a person-centered framework
- Current First Aid Certificate
- NSW Working with Children Check (or current application)
- Current NSW driver's license
- Basic understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Multiple positions available across Sydney Metro area
- 24/7 rotating roster, including shifts ranging between 3 and 10 hours in duration
- Salary packaging available - Have the ability to pay for some items or services straight from your pre-tax
- Employee Assistance Program providing counselling and support services
How to Apply:
Applications submitted via Seek will not be considered.
Applications must be submitted via our online recruitment website. To apply, please visit https://royalrehab.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/. and complete the online application process.
Tanja Ivkovic - Accommodation Manager
Julie Irwin - Accommodation Manager